With cold weather imminently approaching, it can be hard to drag yourself out to great book events all around the city. But I have never, ever regret meeting amazing authors and talking to other book lovers — so I encourage you to check out some of these upcoming Toronto events.
- Nov 4: Found in Translation — Denise Chong, author of The Concubine’s Children speaks about the immigrant experience in small-town Canada.
- Nov 7: Book Buzz TO — Come out and meet the hottest names in women’s fiction including Heather Wardell, Chantel Guertin, Cat Lavoie and many more. Free drink and book discounts!
- Nov 9: Inaccurate Realities Launch Party — A few members of the Ontario Blog Squad community, including Christa Seeley from More than Just Magic, have launched a lit mag for speculative fiction.
- Nov 9: Lives of the Family Book Launch — Denise Chong talks about her new book, Lives of the Family, at Agincourt Library. I went to a previous reading of the book and it was fabulous! It’s next in line for reading — after I’m done Frankenstein.
- Nov 10: An afternoon with Lemony Snicket — Held by Indigo, Lemony Snicket is presenting the latest book in the All the Wrong Questions series.
Bring a friend or make a new one 🙂
Thanks to Kayley Stewart of Books Etc., Christa Seely and Denise Chong for the event tips. It may seem counter-intuitive but you can’t party like a book blogger unless you take your nose out of your books and actually meet other book lovers. You are, of course, expected to obsessively chat about books non-stop and trade recommendations.
This was definitely the case when I attended the Ontario Blog Squad’s annual book blogger meet-up. Next blog to cover all the awesome, awesome details.