Publishers must know that people like to hibernate and read in February. After all, it’s cold outside, Christmas debt is barely paid off and there’s nothing cozier than reading a good book next to the fireplace. It’s no wonder that publishers are saving their best books for February.
Here are a few February releases I’m looking forward to:
- Me and You by Niccolo Ammaniti (February 7, US; March 27, Canada)
- The Darlings by Christina Algers (February 16)
- It’s Your Money, Honey (February 20)
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano (February 21)
- The Starboard Sea by Amber Dermont (February 28)
Here’s a really short, sweet and blantantly over-simplified summary of these titles:
Me and You has major, major buzz over in Italy, the author’s home country and all over Europe. The Darlings is a fictional account of a family caught in a whirlwind trial for insider trading. It’s You’re Money, Honey gives sound financial advice to women in words that won’t bore you – if comes from the ladies behind GoldenGirlFinance. Fever is the 2nd book in DeStefano’s thrilling Chemical Garden Trilogy. The Starboard Sea is about a private school rich kid harbouring a deep, dark secret.